Saxophone Forum

by SaxAppeal
(67 posts)
19 years ago

Good used alto sax between $1000-$2000

Hey all, unfortunately the used selmer sa80 was already taken when i jumped at it - so here i am again. I would like to know anyone or any place that has a quality used alto, such as a Selmer SA8, pro model Yamahas, etc. Preferbly somthing i could try and see if i like it and between $1000 to $2000 in price.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by blackfrancis
    (396 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Good used alto sax between $1000-$2000

Conn 6M. Worth traveling for. If you're near Virginia, I know where there's one. Yeah. Conn 6M. "Nuff said.

Reply To Post

1. by SaxAppeal
      (67 posts)

19 years ago

-bump- Anyone else?

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
        (396 posts)

19 years ago

It's me again. Have you ever tried a Mk. VII? Not my cup of tea, but lots of folks like them and there are deals to be had on them.

Reply To Post

1. by SaxAppeal
          (67 posts)

19 years ago

would you know of anyone reliable business or person who could give me a price in my limits. Thanks.

Reply To Post

2. by eman19
          (131 posts)

19 years ago

I'd also like to say that the Martin Committee II and "The Martin" that followed are great horns in that price range as well

Reply To Post

3. by blackfrancis
          (396 posts)

19 years ago

Oh so true! Martins have a GREAT sound and feel real nice under the fingers. As far as the mk. VII goes, you just have to look for one. My experience is that the right horn will come to you. (a little metaphysical, I know...) Seriously, they're not that hard to come by, and if it's for you, you'll know when you play it. And do check out Martin- I've never played one I didn't like!

Reply To Post