Saxophone Forum

by cynot
(21 posts)
19 years ago

Bad Note

Hey guys-I keep having trouble with my "G" Note. I can play all the other notes just fine, but sometimes the "G" starts vibrating weird and sounding like an angry high pitched goose (especially if I try to play the note repeatedly.) Any suggestions?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GzsKerqt
    (77 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Bad Note

low G, high G or both?

Reply To Post

1. by EL Seano
      (255 posts)

19 years ago

altissimo G? many people have problems with that

Reply To Post

1. by cynot
        (21 posts)

19 years ago

Low G (the top left hand 3 keys)

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I had a bad note once. It said: Dear Jim, I have put up with your loud music all hours of the night, and coming home late smelling like beer and cigarette smoke long enough. You have yet to find a real job! You are not very affectionate with me anymore. It seems as if the only thing you care about anymore are your damn saxophones. Well, I can't take it anymore. When you come home from your gig, I will be gone and out of your life for good! PS. I'm taking the cat with me!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by west
          (242 posts)

19 years ago

Can you imagine how bad somebody's life would be if they said that that was a good note? Anyway, i have a jean baptiste alto and there is almost alwys something wrong when i play the middle e and f. it sounds as if something in my sax is rattling around, ad i just got it fixed up a month ago. Could it be a loose resonator thing?

Reply To Post

3. by Spike
          (248 posts)

19 years ago

i'm pretty sure that was a note from his clarinet.

Reply To Post

4. by CajunSax
          (76 posts)

19 years ago

sounds like pads not sealing to me...but take it to a good technician to check with a light and reset the pads...or replace if they're too bad and Jim...very very funny

Reply To Post Yahoo!

5. by SaxMan88
          (318 posts)

19 years ago

Oh yea, gotta love them bad notes. Jim, you're lucky she didn't take some of the saxes with her!!!! I agree with Cali, I played on a Bundy II tenor for a while and I had to make sure I articulated the note or it came out like something dying...to say the least.

Reply To Post