Saxophone Forum

by IndySax
(4 posts)
19 years ago

Need playalongs for nursing home gig

I'm playing solo sax in a nursing home 3 weeks from now & need to get some music w/ playalong CD's. The music should be suitable for older folks. Anyone have any recommendations or music to share? I would like to play Yakety Sax, but I can't find any accompanyment CD's to go with the music. I don't have the sheet music either. Also, I was looking for a way to search for keywords in discussion forums but don't see one. I'm sure Yakety Sax has been requested umpteen million times here. Please advise. Andy

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by syrasax
    (75 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Need playalongs for nursing home gig

Andy- I played my share of nursing homes and while Yakety Sax is fun and will get them moving, consider getting some Hal Leonard books with the play along CD's. You can find just about anything you need that they'll love . . . big band, Duke Ellington, Cole Porter, classic Jazz and tons more. Try sheetmusicplus.com. Those are always fun gigs because they'll love anything you play and they're just happy you made the effort. It's a very worthwhile thing you're doing. Good luck and have fun.

Reply To Post