Saxophone Forum

by Saxdragon
(22 posts)
19 years ago

Help me find this guy!

Back in 1986 I bought a Selmer MkVI Tenore from Joe Sax in NJ. I took it back to my home in Brokklyn NY and started looking for a jazz teacher. I found a guy who gave lessons out of his home only a few blocks away and set up an appointment. I sat down and improvised aa few lines of blues for him so he could judge my development. When i finished he took the horn and looked it over. He said "This used to be my horn!" He went on to describe the history of the horn, a Paris model that he said he bought from a guy in New Zealand! (Or maybe he bought it from a guy from New Zealand while he was living in Australia - i can't remember...) It had a brass patch in the neck where he plugged a hole made to accept a contact microphone (remember those?). He showed me several photographs of himself playing the horn with that obnoxious curled telephone line coming off the neck! I'd like to find this guy. Maybe someone reading this post is he. Or maybe one of you knows a sax player/teacher who used to live in New Zealand and Brooklyn...?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxdragon
    (22 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Help me find this guy!

Nobody?

Reply To Post

1. by SaxAppeal
      (67 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Help me find this guy!

Are you looking for Joe Sax, because here is the number 800-876-8771. You can also email Joe at [email protected]. As for your teacher i need more info about him, but I've managed to find ......... www.morsax.com/index.html#contact Is that him?

Reply To Post