Saxophone Forum

by tribegirl
(5 posts)
19 years ago

Question

What is the best thing to put on sore lips that have gotten cracked from playing your sax to long?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kesslermusic
    (8 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Question

Chopsaver. Good stuff. www.chopsaver.com or I have it on my site as well at kesslermusic.com/accessory.htm

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Blist-X works best for me. I even keep a tube of it in my case.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by martysax
      (148 posts)

19 years ago

Never ask that question at a gig. (sorry) Seriously, I use Scotch. Therapeutically only, of course. I keep a flask of 12 YO in my case for emergencies, when the bar's too far.

Reply To Post

1. by Bleeding_Gums_Murphy
        (55 posts)

19 years ago

Yeah, blistex works great. I also use that other stuff (I think Blistex makes it) that comes in a little round container and you rub it on your lips. Lip Medex, it's called (Google is a wonderful thing). It works really well for me. Scotch... i guess that could work too... lol.

Reply To Post

2. by jamterry
      (573 posts)

19 years ago

Vaseline lip treatment is very good. It comes in a small tube. I like it because it doesn't have a medicine taste

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by saxomaniac
        (14 posts)

19 years ago

Ever heard of Burt's Bees? That's what I use. (Yellow tube) Has just enough of a wax content, that it kind of seals in the cooling feel. (interesting you should ask this question, I am going through the same thing. Had a really long gig last weekend) Anyway, seems to clear up after 2 days. Here it is Wednesday, and I am about 98% back to normal.

Reply To Post

1. by tribegirl
          (5 posts)

19 years ago

Thank you everyone for your helpful tips. My lips where getting so shot, that I’ve been eyeing my Neosporin tube. But that sound too nasty. I’ll check out some of your suggestions. Thanks martysax wrote: “Never ask that question at a gig. (sorry)” Hey martysax, very cute. I guess I should have seen that kind of remake coming.

Reply To Post

1. by jazzsaxman
            (28 posts)

19 years ago

by far the best chap stick is the mentholatum chap stick or chap stick brand medicated (light blue label) these are the best

Reply To Post

2. by EL Seano
            (255 posts)

19 years ago

hahaha numbing cream :-P

Reply To Post