Saxophone Forum

by spaceboy
(5 posts)
19 years ago

cheap saxes on e-bay

Hello, I am one of those people who played in all the high school bands(marching, jazz, etc...) and haven't touche it in ten years. I have decided to buy an inexpensive horn and start again. All over e-bay there are new and used horns for 200$ to 300$, some brand new. I know little about brands and am apprehensive about using e-bay. This is my price range and thus I don't need a fancy horn, just something that works well and can get me started again. I'd greatly appreciate any comments about e-bay and purchasing an inexpensive horn. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SheriRDH
    (6 posts)

19 years ago

Re: cheap saxes on e-bay

spaceboy... Stay away from ebay it is not the most reliable shopping network. Try renting a new or used sax from a nearby music store. A TIPPS book has scales, warm-ups, ect. Good Luck finding a new sax.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: cheap saxes on e-bay

Don't rent! You'll end up spending twice as much money in the long run. There are a lot of nice used instruments for sale. If you buy a quality used instrument and take care of it, you should never have any problem getting your money out of it if you decide to sell it. Renting is good for the beginning student who has no idea what they want to play. You sound like you've had some experience playing and just want to get back into it. I wouldn't suggest renting.

Reply To Post Yahoo!