Saxophone Forum

by BariSaxplyr
(35 posts)
19 years ago

My new Mark VI bari... engraving questions?

Alrite, i just got a Mark VI bari that i really like. It finally happened a Low A horn i really like.... ANYWAY... the horn needs an overhaul, just to get cleaned up, but it plays great. There is no engraving though. I was looking into getting it engraved. Other than the fact that it has NOTHING to do with how the horn sounds, does anyone have an opinion on custom engravings or such? or perhaps recomendations?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mojocoggo
    (97 posts)

19 years ago

Re: My new Mark VI bari... engraving questions?

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

19 years ago

How about if you put your gitlfriend's name on the front at the top of the bell? As you go through girlfriends in life, you scratch out your ex'a name and engrave the the new name. Have this done by a master engraver.On the sides put some Japanese girls playing traditional Japanese instruments.You would need a Japanese engraver, to do it right.Enjoy your horn!!! :)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I'd do something unique. I think it would be cool to put like a 50's style diner on the bell of an old horn, with a couple hot rods parked out front.... and a girl on roller skates....Think American Graffiti.....(You're probably too young for that movie) Then you could have little dice engraved on the bell keys! Now THAT would be cool!!!

Reply To Post Yahoo!