Saxophone Forum

by GzsKerqt
(77 posts)
19 years ago

Songz

I don't really know how to start this.. But r u guys willing to upload ur scores into the com and share? The way u all talk about playing this and that sounds so fun. My band keeps playing the same thing over and over again... Especially when u talk about playing blues on the conn.. R u willing to share some songs that is worth sharing? Its ok if no one replies..

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Bleeding_Gums_Murphy
    (55 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Songz

Go out and buy a couple of Aebersold books (www.jazzbooks.com). Take each of the songs, and learn to play them perfectly, then improvise over them a little bit (they come with a CD). Do you play sop, alto, tenor, or bari (just curious). I recommend volumes 27, 28, 32, 33, and 110. 27 and 28 are books of Coltrane stuff (great music). 32 is ballads . 33 is some stuff by Wayne Shorter (Infant Eyes is amazing). 110 is some more ballads (embraceable you is quite possibly the best song EVER). The books aren't that expensive, which is good, and each one has a lot of songs in it. The songs in them are fun to play because you can screw around with them and make them your own, and that's what jazz is all about, isn't it?

Reply To Post

1. by Bleeding_Gums_Murphy
      (55 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Songz

The Charlie Parker Omnibook is also a great book, and volumes 13 and 14 of the Aebersold set look pretty good too.

Reply To Post