Saxophone Forum

by dagringo29
(1 post)
19 years ago

Which Sax to buy?

I'm buying my first Alto sax, and wanted to know which is best to go for. I have played alto sax for about 4 years now, but only on a rented sax as a beginner. I now want my own, and am trying to decide which one to purchase, as i'm only likely to buy one sax, i'd like it to be a good one. I'm willing to spend up to 1,200 Pounds, (approx 2,120 dollars.) I'm looking at:- Keilwerth, Dave Guardala, Trevor James and Possibably Selmer Any help would me much apprecitated. Dave Spensor

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Zheng
    (23 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Which Sax to buy?

u could get a coustom z alto of about 2,300. and also a Keilwerth sx90 strait tone holes for about 2300. good luck searching

Reply To Post AIM

1. by SaxAppeal
      (67 posts)

19 years ago

Selmer Super Action 80 Series 2 for more classical sounds and Series 3 for more open, jaz sounds, I got my SA 80 Series II for $2,026, its such a beautiful horn and plays great.

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

All are great horns! We don't see many Trevor James saxophones this side of the big pond (over here in the USA). They're made by B&S like the David Guardala I do believe. It's been a while since I've seen one. Keilwerth, Guardala and Trevor James are all excellent choices and fairly similar. The only new Selmer that really appeals to me is the Reference 54, and I just think they are a little too pricey for what they are. Good Luck

Reply To Post Yahoo!