Saxophone Forum

by cavie_sop
(5 posts)
19 years ago

I'm selling my Buescher soprano sax

Back in April, I posted a question about a Buescher soprano sax. That thread is here: www.saxquest.com/forumThreadView.asp?ForumUID=6&ThreadUID=3568 My daughter has decided she wants to play something other than a saxophone, so I've decided to sell it. As you can see in the other thread, Connsaxman_jim informed me that it is a Buescher True Tone soprano saxophone made in 1925. It's silver plated and a curved soprano sax. It is missing one pad and the cork at the neck. Other than that, everything looks good to me, but then, I am not a saxophonist. If anyone is interested in buying it at a reasonable price, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll email you pictures or answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

19 years ago

Re: I'm selling my Buescher soprano sax

hey cavie it sounds like you have a horn olny worth something to a person willing to spend alot on repair. i there is one pad and cork missing to your eye i hate to see what a tech would find. my tech found problems with my horn which i thought played fine. He fixed some and told me there was much work to do, and the horn plays fine for me, it's just not perfect. for a pro it would have to be almost perfect and to do that you are going to spend a good deal of change, have yu considered taking it to a tech to find out what full restoration would cost, this might help a buyer know what was in store for him. just an idea.

Reply To Post

1. by cavie_sop
      (5 posts)

19 years ago

Re: I'm selling my Buescher soprano sax

I have considered taking it to a tech, but I don't have the money upfront to have the pad and cork (and/or anything else) repaired. I figured that if I sold it as is at a reasonable price, the buyer could be responsible for any repairs necessary. I do not know anything about saxophones, all I can do is answer any questions possible and photograph any part of the horn in question. However, I didn't consider the idea of taking to a tech just to get an evaluation on any other repairs needed. Thanks for the idea.

Reply To Post