Saxophone Forum

by Java5608
(8 posts)
19 years ago

Signature Value

I have a poster advertising the Saxophone Summit, which includes Michael Brecker, Joe Lovano, and David Liebman. On the poster is a picture of the three sitting together with their horns and then running along the bottom is an ad for a Microphone sponsor. My dad works at a University and was invited to a jazz convention in New York where he got this poster and got it signed by all three of these saxophone gods (they had a signing but something occured and they only signed about 6-7, someone luckily let my dad cut to the front of the line. So i was just wondering, if anyone deals in these sorts of things, what is this worth? Or if we were having an auction what would you pay for it? It its signed to me, and my dad says that decreases the value, thought that might want to be factored to your price. I have no intention of selling it though, it is one of my most treasured posetions.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Signature Value

it seems to me any value place on such an item would be an insult. even considering selling it would be disrespectful to you father. there is olny value in knowing these three men are people of value and your dad thought highly of you and them to do this for you, nice story, value? priceless

Reply To Post

1. by Java5608
      (8 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Signature Value

true words man, true words

Reply To Post AIM