Saxophone Forum

by ORIF
(10 posts)
19 years ago

Winston Bb Soprano sale

I have a Bb Winston Soprano. Its serial number is 1112686. Its model is a 350 Gl. Im interested in offers at the current moment in time. Its a reasonably new horn, a few years old, but not used a lot. It does have some very noticible scratches on the inside of the bell in a ring all the way around. The keys work fine, it has no high F# or G extension, just your basic keys. Bb tilting spatula keys. Overall in tune instrument. And it playes reasonably well. I don't know exactly how much I am going to sell it for at this point, but I am hoping for at least $700. If your interested, feel free to email me about it at [email protected].

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Winston Bb Soprano sale

You can buy them brand new for under $500, so if you're hoping for "at least $700" you're dreaming! They're worth $300-$350.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by kneejerk52
      (397 posts)

19 years ago

i got a new in the box winston sop, paid 550.00 with a lower ser. no. than that it's a 350 GL also with the high f# key, from a local dealer who allowed me to play as many that he had, which was 5, i decided on the second i tried.

Reply To Post

2. by ORIF
      (10 posts)

19 years ago

well, i dont know where you can get them for that, cause I looked it up and they are $799 new. And yeah, I realized $700 was to much lol

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Actually, the 350GL has been discontinued. I looked online and found one on close-out for $279.99! The new model that replaced it is the 350 MW. It looks like the same exact horn to me. It's available in several different finishes starting at $479.99. www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/search/detail/base_id/90001/src=00631

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by kneejerk52
        (397 posts)

19 years ago

go to lehigh conservatory's web site, e-mail brian he still has 4 left unless he sold them which i doubt cause he doesen't advertise them. his shop is in bethlehem, Pa. i went there and got it.

Reply To Post