Saxophone Forum

by Sexysaxman
(19 posts)
19 years ago

modern Yamha or modern Selmer??????

Its just a plains question, feel free to leave an explanation for your answer and tell me wich model u choose.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: modern Yamha or modern Selmer??????

Yamaha hands down! Much better overall quality for LESS MONEY! Unless you want to drop $5000 for a new Reference 36 or 54, DON'T BUY THE NEW SELMER!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by p-apple
      (49 posts)

19 years ago

it's no secret that jim has a long-lasting hate for selmer. so before you decide to scratch out selmer as a possibility, think about these few things: - yes, selmer is expensive - yes, almost every modern Selmer sax, series 2, 3, reference 54 (especially the reference 54) is modeled after the mark VI but... - selmer still makes good saxophones, and you might love the sound. Yamaha is easily the best value for professional saxophones because its several hundred dollars cheaper at least compared to other stuff. I liked the 875-EX for alto out of 62, 62 II (different neck than 62), 82Z.

Reply To Post

1. by GordonGekko
        (27 posts)

19 years ago

While I own a Yamaha Z alto, my advice is to try different models out and see which one works best for you. If money is really not an object, then get whatever instrument works the best for you. Regards, GG

Reply To Post

1. by rob07
          (38 posts)

19 years ago

what lacquer do you havek, because im between the gold, black, and the unlac.

Reply To Post

2. by GordonGekko
          (27 posts)

19 years ago

Actually, my alto is Silver Plated. I prefer a brighter, more contemporary sound.

Reply To Post