Saxophone Forum

by AbbyPopcorn
(4 posts)
19 years ago

Yamaha Yas 52 vs. Yas 62

I think I found a good deal on a Yas 52, but everyone here seems to prefer the Yas 62. What's the difference? Didn't the 62 replace the 52? The 52 I found has never been played, its new. There's a really good discount because its being discontinued. I'm going to try it out tomorrow. I'm looking for a college-level saxophone, and don't want to spend too much (not more than $1500, I need to talk to my parents). Can you recommend some other saxes to consider?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by AbbyPopcorn
    (4 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Yamaha Yas 52 vs. Yas 62

I forgot to add that I currently have a 6 year old Conn 24M-HF. Could I get though college with this one? It needs a few minor repairs, but it still plays OK.

Reply To Post

2. by saxitup
    (49 posts)

19 years ago

The 52 is considered an intermediate level horn, while the 62 is a pro level. Both are great horns.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

The Conn 24M-HF is a good intermediate level horn. The Yamaha YAS-52 is an intermediate level horn also, though I do think the overall quality is a little better than the Conn. The YAS 62 is a pro level horn. I would say, stick with the Conn if it's in good condition until you can upgrade to a YAS 62 or a pro level horn, but it's really up to you. If you prefer the YAS 52 to the Conn, then go for it, but yes I think the 24M HF is plenty good enough to get you through college. I know several people who played their YAS 23's through college!

Reply To Post Yahoo!