Saxophone Forum

by cammes
(16 posts)
19 years ago

I NEED HELP TOUNGING FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 16 years old and really need some help. Please help me I'm performing Tableaux De provence and Introduction dance and Furioso for a recital and need help with my tounging. I have neglected it up to now but now I really need it. Can you help me to improve my tounging.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

19 years ago

Re: I NEED HELP TOUNGING FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to be more specific on what the problem is it when to do it or how?

Reply To Post

1. by cammes
      (16 posts)

19 years ago

How to tounge faster. Is it just practice or is there some technique. I have been taught to hit the reed with the tip of my tounge. Is that correct.

Reply To Post

1. by saximous86
        (17 posts)

19 years ago

Make sure you indeed hit the reed with the tip of the toungue, not the fat part. Practice doing this over and over until no percussive sound is being made. My teacher tells me to stand in a corner and hear what sound i make. I have similar problems specially with some areas at Le Cabridan from the Tableaux. Quick strokes with the tip of the toungue is what you need to get to. I would recommend doing scales and toungue the notes correctly at a slow tempo. The secret to being fast at anything is doing things at a tempo marking of 60 for hours at times. Also reeds do contribute some effect to your tounging, make sure its soaked and warmed up for proper execution. Hope this helps

Reply To Post