Saxophone Forum

by jazzyjoe81
(6 posts)
19 years ago

Katrina, how could you?

So Katrina penetrated my roof and gave one of my bedrooms an unnecessary bath. It just so happens that in that bedroom, in the closet, my instruments were high above ground on a shelf. The water just happened to enter in two areas, the ceiling in the middle of the room, and directly above my instruments. But don't worry, it was only a Yamaha 62 Tenor and a Yanagisawa Alto. A few other instruments were damaged, but I don't care too much for those. I know these may seem trivial, but this rant had to be written. I lost some furniture and clothes too, but why did the horns have to go?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
    (767 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Katrina, how could you?

my condolences..... So, what kind of shape are they in?

Reply To Post

2. by perkysquirel
    (26 posts)

19 years ago

But don't worry, it was only a Yamaha 62 Tenor and a Yanagisawa Alto. A few other instruments were damaged, but I don't care too much for those. If I had those horns i would be extremely depressed. I have the most horrible alto sax and my parents wont buy me a new one

Reply To Post

1. by jazzyjoe81
      (6 posts)

19 years ago

I was being sarcastic when I was talking about the quality of the horns. That's why I was so pissed. Oh, and I didn't have insurance. But thanks for replying to my rant. joe

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
        (964 posts)

19 years ago

I'm so sorry, Joe. I'm glad you're still with us, though!

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

19 years ago

Insurance???

Reply To Post

1. by chiamac
        (586 posts)

19 years ago

you know... those storms have made me think differently about things. where as there are A LOT of people worse off than me. So I've started to complain less lately.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM