Saxophone Forum

by j-rod_009
(1 post)
19 years ago

Saxaphone songs

Anyone know any popular rock songs that include saxaphone (old or new) ex. dire straits, english beat

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Saxaphone songs

English Beat "Mirror in the Bathroom? is one of my favorites !!!! Also I like to play "Money" by Pink Floyd. The Dark Side of the Moon album has other cool sax parts on it too. The Four Tops' songs have some cool baritone parts like on " It's the Same Old Song" I think Junior Walker's " Shotgun " was my right of passage. You can get get up on top of that tenor on his stuff. I played "Roadrunner" on alto. I miss those days. Also Al Stewart's "Baker Street" is a nice alto tune. Check me on that title. I feel like playing now. 7:25 AM here and I feel bad for my neighbors. Have Fun :)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

19 years ago

look at the stones, brown sugar, the boss with clarence clemmons, and if you are working with other horns don't forget , Chicago, blood sweat and tears, average white band, and lot's of others like this. i believe Chicago in the first years wrote some great tunes that are greatly neglected, if i am not mistaken the all grauated from berkley, check me on that if im wrong, anyhow great tunes.

Reply To Post

3. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

19 years ago

I gave you a bum tip !!!! " Baker Street " is a Gerry Rafferty tune. Al Stewart is famous for " Year of the Cat" . Sorry about that :( While I'm here, " Touch Me" by The Doors has a really nice tenor solo in it. :)

1. by YanagisawA-901
      (312 posts)

19 years ago

get some jimmy buffet.. namely his "tuesdays thursdays and saturdays" live cd.. the sax in that is absolutely great.. its a female too which is more impressive in my opinion.. (no sexist).. its just that u dont see too many female sax players

1. by Sax Mom
        (964 posts)

19 years ago

pfthpfthpfthpth!!! (Just kidding!)

Reply To Post

1. by GzsKerqt
          (77 posts)

19 years ago

No... we juz prefer to keep a low profile and laugh at their songs (kidding too)=p By the way, is there other form of language whereby people spell saxophone as saxaphone? i keep seeing it everywhere..

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

19 years ago

Just sloppy to spell it saxaphone :-)

Reply To Post