Saxophone Forum

by Jazz&pizzaz
(5 posts)
19 years ago

Ligatures

Right now I am looking at The Ultimate Ligature by Francois Louis, is it good for Jazz? Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Ligatures

If you have a good jazz mouthpiece, the stock ligature will be fine. What are you using now? As a bench mark I say 7 for tenor, 5 for alto. I like a liquid metal alto sound, hence the 5. On my tenor I like some rip to it, I think anything over 7 sounds tinny. I do use a metal six on alto for rock and roll. For jazz I like La Voz snd Vandoren traditional reeds. Hope you get the sound you want :)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by CMelodyMan77
      (26 posts)

19 years ago

I'd recommend a Vandoren Jumbo Java for jazz/R&R. I think you should get a better lig because: It opens up your sound Makes reeds last longer better response and many, many other things David A. forumofthesaxes.myfreeforum.org

Reply To Post

2. by CMelodyMan77
      (26 posts)

19 years ago

I'd recommend a Vandoren Jumbo Java for jazz/R&R. I think you should get a better lig because: It opens up your sound Makes reeds last longer better response and many, many other things David A. forumofthesaxes.myfreeforum.org

Reply To Post

3. by CMelodyMan77
      (26 posts)

19 years ago

Reply To Post

4. by CMelodyMan77
      (26 posts)

19 years ago

Reply To Post

1. by The_§ax
        (147 posts)

19 years ago

Francois Louis Ligature

I have heard many many many great things about the francois louis ligature. One of my idols and a local jazz/big band player uses one on his alto and he is the greatest! Umm if you have any other questions then you should visit the francois louis website and send an email to Francois himself!! I am just in the process of buying myself a new mouthpiece for my alto, and after this i will buy myself a Francois Louis for myself! Cheers!

Reply To Post