Saxophone Forum

by sandy357
(5 posts)
19 years ago

$ 1,700. price tag for a selmer paris sup. act. 80 II baritone

I am being offered a baritone sax in pristine condition for 1,700. it is a Selmer Paris Super Action 80 II. Does anyone know if this is a fair price? The sax is used but dosent show it.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

19 years ago

Re: $ 1,700. price tag for a selmer paris sup. act. 80 II baritone

Sound like a good buy to me but do a quick search of ebay and a few online dealers for a going price to make sure Dave

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

19 years ago

I believe that would be a fair price. Don't pay too much attention to ebay, prices on ebay can be on the low side of fair, depending on who's looking.

Reply To Post

1. by SaxMan
        (559 posts)

19 years ago

JESUS! the series II is well over a 6000 dollar bari, and it is THE standard and jealous point of the entire bari world today. If it really is in pristing condition - well buying it would be a reflex for me, and not something I though about - IF it is in pristine condition.

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
          (767 posts)

19 years ago

the Selmer Series II lists for ten thousand dollars, costs about six grand new from WWBW. If it's in the state you describe, at worst it will need a few hundred dollars worth of work as will end up being a horn worth $4000 and up, if it's near perfect as you describe.

Reply To Post

2. by sandy357
          (5 posts)

19 years ago

Are there any Fakes out there? This was offered on ebay. The listing # 7358727028. type that into search and there alot of photos have a look if you would be so kind and tell me what you think as I am truly a novice. Thanks for your input saxman and everyone else. Reguards, Sandy

Reply To Post

3. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

19 years ago

Sorry, ebay can't find that listing.

Reply To Post

4. by SaxMan
          (559 posts)

19 years ago

ahh ebay. there are a lot of scams out there on ebay - seems the series II bari is a popular item to use. If they are out of country and have only the selmer picture for the horn, I would say that the horn probably does not exist.

Reply To Post