Saxophone Forum

by saxskillzyamaha
(52 posts)
19 years ago

antigua alto or buy soprano

i have a good antigua winds alto saxophone with a nice engraving but i have moved on to tenor and now i am exploring the soprano. Should i wait to buy a soprano or buy one now and how much could i get for a mint antigua student alto?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: antigua alto or buy soprano

Personally, I would keep the Antigua Winds alto. They're a pretty good sax, but they don't often bring much more than $500 used, even in excellent condition. If you sold it, you might regret it! I play both alto and tenor, and often swich back and forth between the two depending on the tone that I want. I don't know your age or level of experience, but I wouldn't try soprano until you have a couple years experience on tenor or alto. Soprano requires a lot more embrochure control than alto and tenor, and they are much more difficult to play. Rather than sell the alto, I would just start saving for a new soprano later down the road.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by saxskillzyamaha
      (52 posts)

19 years ago

Re: antigua alto or buy soprano

thamks- i am pretty expierienced but fiunny-im in 8th grade probobly the youngest here, but i am obsessed with saxophones, thanks, saxskillz

Reply To Post