Saxophone Forum

by jazzsaxman
(28 posts)
19 years ago

pricing of saxes at wwbw

i purchased a saxophone from wwbw this summer and watched the price do nothing but drop after i bought it. due to some things beyond my control-i did not get to them within the 45 day period. now my sax costs 1/2 the price i paid for it. apparently it was d/c'd by the mfr in the fall. has anyone else had this problem with pricing at wwbw and what can be done past the 45 day pricing period?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: pricing of saxes at wwbw

Sounds to me you just got unlucky. These things happen, so just enjoy the horn man.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by CMelodyMan77
      (26 posts)

19 years ago

I agree. Hopefully your happy with your sax. FORUMOFTHESAXES.MYFREEFORUM.ORG

Reply To Post

1. by saxophonik
        (73 posts)

19 years ago

In this situation, I think WWBW are not at all to blame. If anyone is, it's the instrument mnfctr. themselves. WWBW probably didn't even know about the discontinuation until a month or two prior (and if anyone can prove me wrong, we'd all like to hear from you.) I've been dealing with WWBW since I was in college, and I personally have had absolutely no problems with them. I think most everyone, at some point in their lives, has purchased an item, then a couple months later, the price for that same item is slashed either due to discontinuation, major inventory-reduction sale, etc. I've gone through it plenty of times: you paid the money then, see the price now, and kick yourself for the next three months. As stated before: hope you're happy with the sax.

Reply To Post

1. by saxophonik
          (73 posts)

19 years ago

BTW: if you're not happy with the horn, there's always ebay.

Reply To Post

2. by jazzsaxman
          (28 posts)

19 years ago

it's a great horn- if you have'nt guessed already it is the LA sax Chicago series. B&S is no longer going to make them for la sax- i guess they are going to go for the inferior and cheaper taiwanese versions. the B&S versions are real sweet horns. smooth like a mercedes. at least i got no interest for 12 months

Reply To Post

3. by definition
          (963 posts)

19 years ago

In case you guys dont know, B&S is not making horns for LA Sax anymore because they no longer make horns. Its really sad, but makes me relieved I have a Medusa already!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM