Saxophone Forum

by basm20
(2 posts)
18 years ago

SML for sale on Ebay

Hello everyone! Forwarding on saxigurl's observations, I'm the boyfriend selling the SML. I have a question in regards to the tuning. A buyer emailed me and asked if my saxophone was an A=440 or 442. I was unsure how to answer this question. I've heard many different responses from the people I've talked with so far. It is my belief that the saxophone is A=440 seeing as the quit identifying instrument as HP after the approximate date of 1930. If anyone has any light on this situation, it would be very helpful. Thank You!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: SML for sale on Ebay

its 440

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

18 years ago

And as far as it being HP before 1930, that is true, but HP was closer to A=457 A=440 versus A=442 is a difference of just pulling out the mouthpiece some!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by basm20
        (2 posts)

18 years ago

Thank you very much. I figured that the 2 hertz difference would be irrelevant, and the bidder did agree with my initial answer that stated so. I know that some saxophones were either labeled LP or HP in, as I said earlier, around 1930 and before. But was unsure of mine because it is not labeled either way. I figured that if it wasn't labeled then the standard of 440 would be an adequate answer for the bidder. Thank you once again for your response.

Reply To Post