Saxophone Forum

by Radjammin
(255 posts)
18 years ago

Help! Under $2000 Black Nickel Silver Keys Alto, Which should I buy?

Ok So I put help in the topic because that's what I want help! I have played Sax for 18+ years and have never owned a Sax that cost more then $1000. I know it is sad, but today is Happy days! I have up to $2000 total to spend on a sax and I am a shoppin. What do I want: I think I really want a black nickel sax with silver keys. I want a bending Spatula key. I want some weight to my sax. What saxes am I looking at? Well for the look and playing ability I think I am going for a used/new Cannonball or a Chicago Series (LA Sax)-from our friendly closeout special WWBW. One thing I can't find anywhere on the Web is weather the LA Saxes have a bending Spatula? Anyone know? I now the cannonball does, I have played one. Ok everyone start a preaching, I want to know which one to buy. I did look at other saxes, just remember 3 things before you reply. I want a professional quality horn, I want a black nickel/silver keys, I want to spend no more then $2000 total. Of course, any help that is given is appreciated.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Radjammin
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Help! Under $2000 Black Nickel Silver Keys Alto, Which should I buy?

Well I went ahead and bought the LA Sax (Chicago Series) after talking to one a Saxquest member that had bought one. I hope I enjoy it. The sucky thing is that a cannonball with gold keys on ebay last night went for $1450 and I paid 1750 for my Chicago Series. The pros is I bought mine new from WWBW. The cons was that the cannonball was what I really had played and tested and the one on ebay was not even a year old, so pretty much new. I did get my silver keys, but I am more worried about what kind of player it will be. Cross your fingers!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by EL Seano
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Help! Under $2000 Black Nickel Silver Keys Alto, Which should I buy?

Hey man, theres nothing sad about not owning a horn costing more than a grand, we both know its the player that counts! Congratulations on the purchase by the way, I know nothing about LA Sax but I wish you luck! Sean :-)

Reply To Post