Saxophone Forum

by piro
(7 posts)
18 years ago

IS THIS FOR REAL

I dont want to give this away but ithink i may have too. I have been lloking into buyig a soprano like a different post shows. But have just found a selmer on Ebay for $679. From the pics the back of the horn is engarved with the proper font and spelling of selmer. I just didnt know that they could sell a good brand that cheap or is this a horrible model saxophone. The saxmodel # is SS600 and its also on ebay. Please someone respond ASAP before igo insane on buing or not buying this item. Thanx Piro

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

18 years ago

Re: IS THIS FOR REAL

I paid $450 and $600 for my selmer alto and tenor respectively in 1966. That was because I got the horns at cost. I paid $4000 for my selmer soprano this year. Don't get sucked into a scam, When I bought my tenor and alto gas was $.35/gallon and I worked for $1.60/hour. Draw your own conclusions.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by knorter
    (205 posts)

18 years ago

I am not familiar with that model but a quick search on the internet turned up dozens of music stores that list the price for the ss600 at around $750. I imagine they would come down a bit. This is probably a student level horn. If you are still interested I would look into buying from a reputable store for almost the same amount just to be safe. I've been fortunate on Ebay with my instrument purchases but others are not always lucky.

3. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

18 years ago

I am sorry that I am so ignorant !!!! Pay $750. at a music store, and have a place to support you on maintainence and repairs. I am so old that I just don't keep up on the market. Hope it works out for you :)