Saxophone Forum

by wenhene
(12 posts)
18 years ago

Lawton Tenor MPC ...

I just knew that James Carter & Sonny Rollins use this brand of MPC on Tenor . I checked on the web & eBay , found out that they seems to have A Lot Of " Special Model " , so could someone tell me what model does Carter & Rollins Use ? How many special model do Lawton have on Tenor MPC ? Have you ever use it & How do you feel on Each Model ( Tone , Blowing , Sound , Control etc... ) ? THX !!! :-)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Lawton Tenor MPC ...

I dont know what model they used if they did in fact use one(ive never heard of them doing so But Ive been rong before) Whatever model it it, it will be extremely expensive as :awtons are extremely good, hand made pieces, and no longer in production. I paid 400 for the metal Lawton 8* BB Lawton piece I have on my Bari two years ago!!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by simonknight
    (11 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Lawton Tenor MPC ...

I don't believe Sonny Rollins has used a Lawton since the 70s. The special model is made of bell bronze and is claimed to be more resonant. I use 7*B on A,T, & B and 8*B on Soprano. I think they have outstanding tone, control and power, but mouthoieces are very personal. My alto is a special and I can't say it's hugely different to the regular model.

Reply To Post