Saxophone Forum

by nodak
(1 post)
18 years ago

Gemeinhardt Flute age, value, information

I have an older Gemeinhardt Flute with a number on it of 104894. Could anyone please tell me the approximate age and value of it. It is silver but I do not know if it is silver plated or what. Any information o n this instrument would be greatly appreciated.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by EL Seano
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Gemeinhardt Flute age, value, information

Sorry man, this website is for saxes only, you won't find many people with flute info. I do own a newer Gemeinhart flute, they're nice flutes aren't they? lol sorry i cant help ya

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Just because this is a saxophone site does not mean we don't try to help each other out with other instruments. Have you tried calling a musical instrument store? Sometimes they have books with serial number charts that can help determine the age. I called mine, though, and they don't have a chart for Gemeinhardt. However, they asked me to call back about 10:00 central time (which I can't do today because of a meeting). You may try. Schmitt Music in Bloomington MN, ask for Doug. 1-800-767-3434 I also visited the website for Gemeinhardt, and didn't find any help there. Sorry

Reply To Post

1. by EL Seano
      (255 posts)

18 years ago

oops. Sorry nodak :-(

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
        (964 posts)

18 years ago

My tech was able to give me a contact number for Gemeinhardt. It is 1-800-348-7461 Good luck!

Reply To Post

2. by vspen
      (1 post)

17 years ago

This is the link to the PDF file where you can look up the number for your flute. You may have to flip through a couple of pages. I only gave a cursory look for your number. I'm *guessing* it's from the 60's. www.gemeinhardt.com/pdf/MSYMSRP%20spreadsheet1.pdf

Reply To Post