Saxophone Forum

by Roccosm
(113 posts)
18 years ago

Art Pepper, Strait Life

Great Book about one of the Greatest Payer's of all time. Very sad account of the life of a Jazz Great.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Marty
    (7 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Art Pepper, Strait Life

I read the book years ago, pretty sad, shocking stuff... If your interested in Pepper, get the DVD Art Pepper: Notes from a Jazz Survivor It shows him playing and discussing his life.

Reply To Post

1. by Roccosm
      (113 posts)

18 years ago

Thank You marty , i will check it out.. I was so amazed at His ability to play under His addiction, especially with Buddy Rich, I bought that album in the 70's when it was released, But I have since My teen's have alway's loved Mr. Pepper's playing, I keep reading for the happy conculsion , and found Myself almost sick after every Page. My Wife said I am sorry I bought it for You, Your getting depredded. Oh well. Take care. and thank Youagin for the tip..Rocco

Reply To Post

2. by Roccosm
      (113 posts)

18 years ago

Thank You marty , i will check it out.. I was so amazed at His ability to play under His addiction, especially with Buddy Rich, I bought that album in the 70's when it was released, But I have since My teen's have alway's loved Mr. Pepper's playing, I keep reading for the happy conculsion , and found Myself almost sick after every Page. My Wife said I am sorry I bought it for You, Your getting depredded. Oh well. Take care. and thank Youagin for the tip..Rocco

Reply To Post

2. by Roccosm
    (113 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Art Pepper, Straight Life

Reply To Post