Saxophone Forum

by Mactenor
(102 posts)
18 years ago

Stan Kenton All Star Band

With all of the GREAT MUSICIANS that graced the Kenton Bands over the years. How would you select a Kenton All Star Band? I would as follows: SAXES Artie Pepper Lee Konitz Vido Musso Bill Holman Bob Gioga TRUMPETS: Maynard Ferguson Buddy Childers Pete Condoli Conte Condoli Al Porcino TROMBONES: Kai Winding JJ johnston Frank Rosolino Milt Bernhart George Roberts DRUMS: Shelley Mann BASS: Eddie Safranski GUITAR: Sal Salvadore VOCALS: June Christy Chris Connors Anita O'Day What are your thoughts? Best Regards Mactenor

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Mactenor
    (102 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Stan Kenton All Star Band

Come on, you Kenton Buffs.......where are you?

Reply To Post

1. by Mactenor
      (102 posts)

18 years ago

I apologize for putting this post on a saxophone forum, I just thought that it might spark a little diversion. My mistake. Best Regards Mactenor

Reply To Post

1. by Seano
        (132 posts)

18 years ago

I haven't listened to much Stan Kenton, but that looks like a pretty hot line-up to have for a big band! :-) Sean

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Stan Kenton All Star BandKelsey

I agree, a great line up! There's an old story of the Kenton Band on the road in the bus and Kenton asking the band for their ideas about doing something different with the band. A voice from the back of the bus, WE COULD TRY TO SWING......Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM