Saxophone Forum

by revsax
(3 posts)
18 years ago

P Mauriat Saxes - How Good Are They?

Hey y'all, I am new to the family and am in need of some info. My 1975 Buffet SD was stolen from the inner city church I pastor in New Orleans. I survived the huricanne but not some fool that walked with my horn. You can flood my house with 61/2 feet of water but don't mess with my ax! I am looking at the 67R and the 60ns. How do they play? Which has the best tone? I play alot of black gospel so need a horn that can be mellow in the background and also scream above the choir. Any info I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless - revsax

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jbroad572
    (46 posts)

18 years ago

Re: P Mauriat Saxes - How Good Are They?

You can't go wrong with the PM. I am really loving my 67R It plays dark and mellow, but can really scream with the right amount of air and mpc. I would definitely go for it. As far as playing gospel music, I think the 67R would definitely fit that ticket. I can't speak on the 60ns though. God bless, brother.

Reply To Post

1. by revsax
      (3 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks for the info. Tim at Sax Alley is sending me both to try. Will let you know after I try them out.

Reply To Post

1. by jbroad572
        (46 posts)

18 years ago

Good deal! Make sure if they aren't playing optimally to have them checked at a local tech. Mine needed a little work after delivery. Enjoy and keep us posted on what you discover with them.

Reply To Post