Saxophone Forum

by djazzy
(65 posts)
18 years ago

Tenor Sax Lessons in Indy

I'm an 4- year Intermediate tenor saxophonist in desperate need of a private teacher. I am currently financially depleted and I can't afford to pay for lessons. I live in Indinapolis, Indiana. If I'm asking for an unreasonable request please reply telling me so.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by CountSpatula
    (602 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Tenor Sax Lessons in Indy

It's a little...weird...to ask for a private lesson without paying...I pay 15 dollars per lesson. I'm assuming your still in school, perhaps you can ask your regular band teacher to help you out? I know mine helps one of the trumpet players here and there for free. But if you want a good teacher then most likely your gonna have to pay.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by MarkLavelle
      (300 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Tenor Sax Lessons in Indy

... and $15/lesson is half what I'm paying in CA! You might want to consider taking lessons as you can afford them, if you can find a teacher who's flexible. I get my lessons very irregularly (mostly because the teach and I are both pretty busy), so I make a point of telling her what I want to work on, as well as asking her what she thinks I *should* work on. It's OK if I don't see her for a month, 'cause that just gives me more time to work toward that next level.

Reply To Post